We’re all about volunteering and Giving Back here at Altar’d State and if you are reading this, we know that you love Giving Back as well!
You have partnered with us many times in the past, whether it be a Mission Monday campaign, an unexpected need in the community or a cry of help from across the globe…you’ve been there with your hands and your heart! While we are all living a “new normal”, we all still want to do the right thing and jump in where we can to make any situation better. Our Altar’d State Family is “virtually volunteering” as we hope and know you are too. We’d like to share some of our thoughts of what we all can do to bring that smile, answer that need virtually and it doesn’t cost any of us anything but a little time!
• Record or Live Stream yourself reading a book
• Help tutor younger family members via Facetime
• Virtually teach how to play an instrument
• Put on a virtual puppet show
• Perform/lip Sync your favorite songs
• Talk about college and the brighter days ahead with them
• Help a teen tackle college applications or essays
• Hair/Make Up Tutorial
• Styling Videos
• Virtual Jam Session on instruments
• Help design their college dorm room via shared Pinterest boards
• Write glowing reference letters for those people you know who have lost jobs
• Sew masks for the medical industry
• Cooking Videos with your favorite recipes that others can try
• Be there to chat and support
• Clean out your closet and donate clothing when donation centers reopen
• Call to check on them
• Send them texts of photos from happier family times or artwork your kids draw for them
• Mail them a letter
• Be available for grocery runs and deliver to their front doorstep
• Make dinner for an elderly neighbor and give them a call to let them know you put it on their porch
If you have any other great ideas to virtually volunteer not mentioned here… send them our way! We’d love to hear your thoughts and would love to share with others. Thanks for being a light to others, taking the time to Give Back and spreading virtual hugs!